Thursday, May 2, 2013

Moved At Last!

So it's been a pretty hectic week here; we got the keys to the new house on the night of the 24th and got stuck right into moving house on the ANZAC Day public holiday on the 25th.

One of the first things to be moved (due to trailer availability) was the E21. We ran into some difficulty getting it onto the trailer because of an exhaust flange - in the end we needed four boards under each ramp AND to jack up the front of the trailer with the trolley jack before it would clear. I've got to track down a short video of the car sliding on the ramps trying to get on so I can show you all, hopefully sometime in the next week or so I should be able to get my hands on a copy.

Loading up in the driveway of the old house

Safely stowed in the garage at the new house

This is the view from my study (where I write these updates)

I am now going to be walking past the car every time I go between my study and the house (as there is no door directly between the two) so progress should continue - it may not be at its recent breakneck pace however!

Although the new house does not have the same amount of floorspace in the garage as the old shed, it does have an additional workshop which seems to be much better insulated (being brick and tiles) than the old shed and so should be a little nicer to work in during winter. I'm using the smaller workshop as a storage building as well as locating my press, drill press, bench vice and general workbench etc for fabrication.

The front garage will house my shadow boards and tools for actually working on the cars, but to maximise space I will keep actual stored parts etc in the front garage to a minimum.

The mower (as seen in previous posts) is getting a workout moving load after load of stuff from the front yard to the back. There's not enough room to get a car down here but a small trailer and the mower fits easily. This trailer was on loan for a couple of days, but I have an old A-frame here and some spare steel so I will begin to make a trailer up purely for this purpose soon which will make transferring heavier items between the two locations a breeze.

Slowly filling up - more has been put in since this shot but I haven't got a more recent photo yet. It will all change quite a bit so I'll put a few more photos up as I go.

Here's the new front yard - the E21 just visible in the right hand bay of the garage.

The left hand bay is currently totally full with boxes from the shed, the BBQ, bookshelves and other items.

Lastly, here's a video from unloading the car:

No comments:

Post a Comment