Monday, March 11, 2013

Making the tailshaft fit

So today I decided to try and get the tailshaft to fit. It took a LOT more than I had expected. First I began by roughly marking out the area around the handbrake platform so I could cut it and lift up for clearance:

Then I lifted it up and did a test fit, unfortunately the actual handbrake lines were then the next thing to hit the tailshaft preventing it from sliding home.

So, I cut some more, and bent some more:

With the help of a bottle jack:

Finally the tailshaft fits!

Now I have to make templates and sheets to fill in all the holes I've made. Not a bad job, if my auto welding mask hadn't failed :(

No comments:

Post a Comment